Desserted Island Bakery
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The response to and interest in our cakes has been amazing! We sincerely appreciate every order, inquiry or message just to say great job! (Yes, we still appreciate a good ole pat on the back! ❤️)
Please see the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
1. Where are you located?
We are an online bakery operating out of Greensboro NC. We currently provide pickup and delivery services (add’l fee and to business locations only) within the Piedmont Triad area. For clients outside of the service area, but are willing to travel, we arrange to meet for pickup at a public location in Greensboro.
2. How much are your custom cakes?
- Custom cake pricing varies based on the complexity of the design, servings and flavor. For this reason, we have all clients provide a picture of a design similar to what they are interested in. This allows us to determine cost and also ensures that our vision for your final cake aligns with what you truly desire.
3. Is there a deposit?
- Yes, there is a non-refundable, 50% reservation payment required to secure your date. This payment is due upon receipt of your invoice. Reservation payments not received within 24 hours of invoicing result in cancellation.
4. How far in advance can I place my order?
- We accept orders up to 6 months in advance (this excludes holiday orders)
- For traditional cakes/desserts, we ask for a minimum of 3 days notice.
- For custom cakes, we ask for a minimum of 2 weeks; however, this may vary based on the complexity of the design.
5. How can I place an order?
- Website: www.dessertedisland.net (Ordering tab > custom cake inquiry form or non-custom order form)
6. How do I pay?
- For custom cakes, you will be sent an invoice that will give you the option to pay via PayPal or with a credit/debit card. We also accept CashApp payments.
- For non-custom orders, payments are made online at the time of order.
7. What is your contact number?
- Our preferred method for placing orders is submitting an online request. Due to the high volume of inquiries, this approach allows us to manage our requests while continuing to fulfill orders. This also increases accountability by having a detailed account of all discussions. While we recognize this may not be everyone’s preference and apologize in advance for any possible frustration, it is what we have found works best for our business at this time.
8. What is your message response time?
- Our goal is to respond to requests within 48 hours. This time could vary depending on our volume of requests.
9. Do you ship?
We do not ship at this time.
Providing a high quality product is our top priority so we don’t anticipate ever shipping custom cakes, as they will likely get damaged in transport. However, we have tested shipping cupcakes and while it went surprisingly well, we are researching ways to refine that process and make it better before extending the option to everyone.
We appreciate your ongoing support and please continue to contact us when you have any questions. 😊😊